Part-time students take a placement test as a part of the application process. The placement test determines which level of the Intensive English Program students will be placed into. Students must demonstrate at least an intermediate level of English proficiency.
|Ongoing*||2 hours, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM||Monday-Friday||Online Placement Test|
|May||5||Tuesday||Summer 2020 Schedule is released|
|May||8||Friday||Deadline to select courses**|
|May||11||Monday||IEP Classes Begin|
* Summer classes will continue in the online format due to the ongoing coronavirus situation. Part-time enrollment applicants can take the placement test online by registering here.
**Part-time students may not take more than 16 hours/week per semester with the IEP.
Please note that our intermediate level, Level 4, is not offered during the summer semester.
- The test location is the IEP building: 2526 Hillsborough Street, Suite 200, Raleigh, NC 27607.
- You will be notified of your placement level and the course options available to you by email 3-5 business days after taking the placement test.
- The IEP will enroll you in your selected course(s). You will receive an email with how to pay.
- Refunds are issued following the university’s posted policy. A $10 administrative fee will be applied for every class withdrawal processed.
IEP Semester Dates
Part-time students are incorporated into the regular IEP classes with the full-time students.
Please note that IEP semester dates differ slightly from main campus.