Part-time students take a placement test as a part of the application process. The placement test determines which level of the Intensive English Program students will be placed into. Students must demonstrate at least an intermediate level of English proficiency.
|Online Placement Test||On own time, 90 minutes*|
|Semester Schedule Released||Wednesday before classes begin|
|Placement Test Deadline||Thursday before classes begin|
|Deadline to Select Courses||Friday before classes begin|
|Payment Deadline||Second day of classes|
*In the part-time application, applicants should indicate when they are available to take the online placement test. Applicants must have a computer with a camera and microphone in order to complete the test.
- Part-time students may not take more than 16 hours/week per semester with the IEP.
- Level 4 is not typically offered during the summer semester.
- You will be notified of your placement level and the course options available to you by email 3-5 business days after taking the placement test.
- The IEP will enroll you in your selected course(s). You will receive an email with how to pay. Payment is due by the second day of class.
- Refunds are issued following the university’s posted policy. A $10 administrative fee will be applied for every class withdrawal processed.
IEP Semester Dates
Part-time students are incorporated into the regular IEP classes with the full-time students.
Please note that IEP semester dates differ slightly from main campus.