Undergraduate Conditional Admission
Conditional admission can help academically competitive international students attend NC State University who do not meet the English proficiency requirements for full undergraduate admission. Students who are conditionally admitted to NC State study in the IEP before entering their academic programs. After completing the IEP, conditionally admitted students proceed to their major without having to take an additional TOEFL or IELTS Academic.
Advantages of Conditional Admission
- Strengthen your English without affecting your GPA
- Learn American culture and study skills
- Experienced instructors who understand the needs of international students
- No additional TOEFL./IETS is required. Complete the IEP and go on to your major.
Eligibility for Conditional Admission
- Have at least a TOEFL iBT 50, an IELTS Academic 5.5 or a Duolingo 85.
- Apply directly to NC State as an undergraduate student (you do NOT apply for conditional admission itself).
- Important: If you enroll in the IEP directly as an English language student and decide to apply to NC State while you in the program, you are not eligible for conditional admission to the university.