Level 5 Pathway Program
MA 141: Science and Engineering Track
- Have at least a TOEFL iBT 70 or an IELTS 6.0*
- Earn 7 credits towards your graduation requirements
- Take two undergraduate credit courses (one per semester) in addition to IEP courses.
Level 6 Pathway Program
- Have at least a TOEFL iBT 75 or an IELTS 6.0*
- Earn 4 credits towards your graduation requirements
- Take one undergraduate credit course in addition to IEP courses
- Calculus I** (MA 141: Science and Engineering track)
*IELTS subscores will be taken into consideration for placement into the Level 5 or Level 6 Pathway Program.
Program of Study
|IEP Core: Writing/Grammar||8||0|
|IEP Core: Integrated Skills for College Success||4||0|
|COM 110: Public Speaking||4.5||3|
|IEP Support COMM 110||2||0|
|IEP Core: Writing/Grammar||10||0|
|IEP Core: Integrated Skills for College Success||3||0|
|MA 141: Calculus I (Science and Engineering Track)||6||4|
|IEP Support MA 141||2||0|
Note: Students who are accepted into the Level 5 Pathway Program will automatically move into the Level 6 Pathway Program after successful completion of the Level 5 Pathway.
In order to be considered eligible for the Pathway Program, you must be conditionally admitted to an undergraduate program of study at NC State.
- Take the NC State Math Placement Test (you will need your unity account information)
- Apply for the Pathway Program
Apply early, seats are limited. Your application is not considered complete until you have taken the Math Placement Test.
- Spaces in Pathway are limited. Not all students who apply will be accepted into the Pathway Program. Students will be evaluated for the Pathway Program on a variety of factors including test scores, completion of all application steps, etc.
- Final placement in the Pathway Program (Level 5 Pathway or Level 6 Pathway) will be determined by the online IEP placement test that all new students are required to take upon arrival to NC State. If your placement is LOWER than indicated for Pathway, even if you have a TOEFL iBT score that meets the Pathway requirement, you will be required to begin in the non-credit regular IEP.
- Students that use AP credit to place out of MA 141 are encouraged to enroll in the regular full-time IEP instead of the Pathway Program.
- Students participating in the Pathway Program will be required to sign a Statement of Understanding indicating that they understand the rules, expectations, and costs of the program.
- If admitted, you will receive an I-20 for a Pathway Program from NC State.