Questions About the IEP
There is no set way to study for our placement test, however, students have found that the more they surround themselves with the English language, the more comfortable they are when taking the placement test.
Some suggestions include:
- Read in English on any topic of interest to YOU; read as much as you can – magazine articles, newspapers, novels, etc.
- Watch English language TV – the international news, American TV shows , movies, etc.
- Listen to English podcasts
- Speak and write in English as much as possible. Practice sharing your opinions on a variety of topics. Be sure to support them with relevant details and examples
For more information about New Mind please visit their website.
For more information about the Global Education Institute, please visit their website.
Questions About Admission to NC State and Conditional Admission
A submission of a new TOEFL or IELTS score will not necessarily exempt conditionally admitted students from completing the IEP. It is true that a higher score on a standardized test does indicate improved English proficiency. However, student performance in an IEP is a better predictor over time of a student’s ability to successfully use English in an academic environment.
- Your new application will be reviewed, and your progress in the IEP will be carefully examined. If your academic performance in the IEP is not strong, this may reflect negatively on your entire application.
- There is no guarantee that those students who previously received an offer of conditional admission will receive a letter of direct admission by submitting this new application.