Full-Time Program Costs
IEP courses are held in person on NC State's campus. All full-time students (conditional admits and English Language Study students) pay the same IEP and university fees. NOTE: Pathway Program student fees are slightly different.
The cost for one term of the Intensive English Program includes the mandatory IEP and university fees listed below. Payment is due by the last day of orientation (the Friday before classes begin).
|Fee Type||Spring 2023||Summer 2023||Fall 2023
(university fee estimates)
|IEP Program Fees||$5,468.10||$3,312.22||$5,468.10|
|Ed and Tech Fee||$219.64||$219.64||$226.23|
|Campus Security Fee||$30.00||$30.00||$30.00|
|Total Mandatory Cost||$6,765.90||$4,610.02||$6,803.86|
All fees above are based on the university's per credit hour fee structure. IEP students are enrolled in 20-23 non-credit course hours per week; as such, student fees are charged at the 12+ credit-hour level. All fees above are subject to change without notice.
Estimated Total Cost
|Fee Type||Fall 2022||Spring 2023||Summer 2023||Fall 2023
|Cost of Living**||$8,044.00||$8,044.00||$4,276.00||$8,739.00|
|Estimated Total Cost||$16,161.98||$16,161.98||$10,238.10||$16,942.36|
*All IEP students MUST have health insurance. Students can elect to use the NC State Student Blue insurance or find an alternative option. Students are automatically enrolled in the Student Blue plan, but have the option to waive out if they have their own insurance. Failure to waive will result in the student being responsible for the fee even if the Student Blue insurance is not used. Please check the Enrollment Checklist (#11) for further information on insurance coverage requirements.
**Estimated living costs include approximately $250 for books. Actual expenses per semester may be higher or lower depending on the student’s lifestyle.
Additional Cost Information
- New students are required to pay a nonrefundable $200 enrollment deposit. The deposit is applied towards the IEP Program Fees.
- Students applying directly to the IEP for admission (NOT conditionally admitted to NC State) will be required to pay a one-time application fee of $150. Note that this application fee is non-refundable.
- Full-time IEP students are charged mandatory university fees at the same rate as undergraduates taking 12+ credit hours per semester.
Payment of Fees
- Payment is always due by the last day of orientation.
- Paying the fees on time is very important and if a student does not pay on time, they may be dropped from the program.
- Students paying with a credit card are responsible for the card company's processing fee.
- Students will be shown how to pay through the NC State MyPack Portal during orientation.
- Sponsored students must email their letter of financial guarantee to the Cashier’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org before the payment deadline.