Skip to main content

Housing Options

Conditionally-Admitted Undergraduate Students – On-Campus Housing

Conditionally admitted students are required to live on-campus during their first year at NC State (that includes while you are in the IEP).

Typical on-campus dorm room

English Language Study Students – Off-Campus Housing Options

Apartments Close to Main Campus *

  • University Towers (UT)
    A private residence hall next to the NC State campus. UT is NOT considered to be NC State on-campus housing.
  • Valentine Commons
    This is a private apartment building next to campus and a short walk to the IEP building.
  • Friendly Apartments
    Located at the corner of Hillsborough Street and Friendly Drive, the Friendly Apartments are fully-furnished 1, 2 and 4 bedroom apartments.
  • Stanhope Apartments
    The Stanhope apartments are a student apartment community located about five blocks from the IEP building.
  • Live On Hillsborough
    Live On Hillsborough is a community of four apartment complexes within walking distance of NC State University and the IEP building.

Additional Online Resources

*Each of these housing complexes and hotels is a private company and is not associated with NC State University. Information is provided as a service only. Any arrangements you choose to make are strictly between you (the student) and the company. NC State does not endorse or recommend any of these living accommodations.

Student Legal Services

It is important to carefully read any documents before you sign them. Signing documents means that you accept and agree to follow the rules written on them. For help understanding your apartment lease, contact Student Legal Services. Their service is completely FREE!

Aerial view of Downtown Raleigh