Part-time students can enroll in up to 16 hours/week per semester with the IEP.
|Conversation and Presentation Skills||3||1.5 hrs, 2 days/week||$495||$742.50|
|Listening and Note-Taking Skills||3||1.5 hrs, 2 days/week||$495||$742.50|
|Reading and Vocabulary||6||2 hrs, 3 days/week||$900||$1485|
|Writing and Grammar||8-10*||2 hrs, 4-5 days/week||$1320-$1650||$1980-$2475|
*The number of hours per week is dependent on the English level. The cost reflects the number of hours per week.
- Part-time students must purchase an NC State ID card for $20 in order to have access to the IEP building.
- Students spend $50 – $140 per course on textbooks each semester.
- Payment for the chosen course(s) is due the day after classes begin for the semester.
- Part-time students can enroll in up to 16 hours/week per semester with the IEP.
- Spring and Fall semesters are 15 weeks and the Summer semester is 10 weeks. Level 4 is typically not offered during the summer.
- Refunds are issued following the university’s posted policy. A $10 administrative fee will be applied for every class withdrawal processed.
- Because IEP part-time students do not pay university fees, they are not eligible to use university resources such as the recreational center/gym or printing services. In addition, they may not check out or borrow materials from the library.
- Financial aid cannot be used for the Intensive English Program because it is a non-credit program.
The IEP offers part-time enrollment for the general public, NC State Visiting Scholars, their spouses, and dependents (18+) as well as the spouses and dependents (18+) of international students.