Are you an academically competitive international student interested in pursuing graduate studies at North Carolina State University? Do you need additional time and support to strengthen your academic English skills?
Then you may be considered for graduate conditional admission through the North Carolina State University Intensive English Program.
Advantages of Conditional Admission
Learn American culture and study skills
Strengthen your English without affecting your GPA
Learn American classroom expectations
Meet other international students
Graduate Programs Offering Conditional Admission
- Electrical Engineering – MS
- Computer Networking – MS
- Computer Engineering – MS
- Electrical Power Systems Engineering – MS
- Electrical Engineering – Ph.D.
- Computer Engineering – Ph.D.
- Distinguished faculty include 20 IEEE Fellows and 13 National Science Foundation CAREER award winners
- Over 90 graduate courses covering all major ECE sub-disciplines
- Over 300 externally funded research projects with over $45M of research funding
- MS programs ranked 5th and 23rd (www.best-engineering-colleges.com)
- #10 Globally in Electrical Engineering (Shanghai Rankings Global Ranking, 2018)
- # 24 in Engineering Graduate Programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2018)
- Master of Industrial Engineering (MIE)
- Master of Science in Industrial Engineering (MSIE)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Industrial Engineering (Ph.D.)
- A history of more than 86 years of academic excellence
- More than 95% of students have a job at graduation – many even before the start of their final semester.
- Participate in the College of Engineering Career Fair where over one-third of 300+ companies are looking for industrial engineers.
- 21st in Industrial/Manufacturing/System Engineering Degrees Awarded (American Association of Engineering Education, 2015)
- 12th Industrial/Manufacturing/Systems Engineering Graduate School (U.S. News & World Report, 2017)
- Computer Science – MS (thesis)
- Computer Science – MR (non-thesis)
- Computer Science – Ph.D. (thesis)
- Computer Networking – Computer Science – MS (thesis)
- Distinguished faculty include 21 recipients of the National Science Foundation’s prestigious CAREER award given to outstanding young faculty and six IEEE Fellows
- #12 in All U.S. Engineering Colleges in Number of Degrees Awarded to Foreign Nationals (American Association of Engineering Education, 2015)
- #14 in Computer Science degrees awarded (American Association of Engineering Education, 2015)
- #43 in Computer Science (U.S. News & World Report, 2018)
- #17 in the nation in research expenditures and #14 in the nation in industry support
- Master of Materials Science and Engineering (non-thesis)
- Master of Materials Science and Engineering (thesis)
- Master of Nanoengineering (on-campus option only)
- Ph.D. in Materials Science and Engineering
Additional requirements to fulfill terms of conditional admission:
Take and submit GRE scores while in the IEP.
- Nationals (American Association of Engineering Education 2015)
- Subdisciplines in computational materials science; electronic, optical and magnetic materials; energy materials; materials characterization; soft and biomaterials; and structural materials
- Innovative curriculum, state-of-the-art resources, and graduate-research mentorship with emphasis on leadership skills, global engagement and entrepreneurialism
- #7 globally in Materials Science, Textiles (Center for World Rankings, 2017)
- #51 in Materials Science (U.S. News & World Report- Global, 2018)
- #12 in All U.S. Engineering Colleges in Number of Degrees Awarded to Foreign
- New Literacies and Global Learning Master of Education
- Home of the Friday Institute for Educational Innovation
- Focus on improving the teaching of reading, social studies and English language arts
- Explore new literacies from text messaging and social media to participating in virtual worlds
- Engage in project-based inquiry by exploring real-world problems
- Complete the program full-time in one year (10 courses, 30 semester hours).
- Top 12% national ranking among colleges of education (U.S. News & World Report- Graduate 2018)
- #1 producer of master’s-level literacy specialists in North Carolina (NCDPI)
- PhD in Design
- We value a broad range of interdisciplinary research interests that aim to improve the human condition through design practices.
- Students may select from seven different interdisciplinary research interest areas as a foundation for their studies: Sustainability, Health and Well-being, Technology, Urban Context, Design Methods, Design for Learning, History and Criticism.
- The PhD in Design program offers very generous financial support including: tuition, insurance, travel support, and a stipend.
- Our graduates have secured positions in a wide variety of career tracks, not limited to: faculty positions in higher education; leading advanced research initiatives; working in Design firms and offices, various levels of Government, and the private sector.
- All majors, freshmen through doctoral students, have dedicated studio space with 24-hour access. Our labs are state of the art, and the College of Design facilities are among the best in the nation.
- Master of Science in Economics – MS (thesis)
- Master of Economics – MR (non-thesis)
- The master of economics program at NC State allows students to tailor their experience to match their own research interests and career goals. Students may opt to pursue a degree with an applied focus (the terminal master’s track) or a more theoretically based degree designed to give them the best foundation possible for further graduate work in economics (the PhD-prep track).
- Students may further tailor their experience by choosing to concentrate in one or multiple of the four fields:
- Financial/Macro Econometrics
- International Trade and Development
- Natural Resource and Environmental Economics
- Economic Policy
- Many of our master’s degree students choose to enter the job market after graduation. They typically are employed as consultants, analysts and researchers in private industry and government. Others choose to continue on to further graduate work, often in our own economics doctoral program or at other universities, most often studying economics or law.
Placements of some of the recent graduates of our program:
|Placements of some of the recent graduates of our program:|
|SAS||Bank of America|
|World Bank: Institute of Consumer Money Management||Econometrica
|Estancia Capital Management LLC||NC Department of Treasury
|Worldwide Clinical Trials||Credit Suisse
|Sageworks||American Journal Experts
|US Department of State||Quintiles
|Trivantage||Bureau of Labor Statistics
|Institute for Transportation Research and Education||Aberdeen Group|
- Jenkins Master of Accounting Program (On-campus & Online)
Whether pursued on campus and in-person or taken entirely online, the Jenkins Master of Accounting (MAC) Program’s one-year curriculum is designed to provide a broad understanding of accounting and business practices and a rigorous technical education — the perfect combination for professional success.
Students can choose to complement core courses with concentrations in Enterprise Risk Management, Information Technology or Tax Strategy. The curriculum is focused on both preparation for the CPA exam and developing real-world skills. MAC students can study abroad in Prague, work with real companies in practicum exercises and take advantage of innovative learning opportunities. The program is committed to helping its students build career paths and networks that will set them up for professional success.
- Top 20 – Master of Accounting Programs, Public Accounting Report, 2019
(among business schools with 24+ accounting faculty)
- #9 – Master of Accounting Program in the South, Public Accounting Report, 2019
- #9 – Best Master’s in Accounting Programs, 2019
- #4 – 2018 Best Schools for a Master’s in Accounting
- #14 College Choice – Best Master’s in Accounting Degrees, 2017
- #8 Master’s in Accounting Degrees – 30 Top Affordable Master’s in Accounting
- #31 TFE Times 2019 Top Accounting Program
- Accounting Degree Review – Top 50 Graduate Accounting Degree Programs of 2017
Eligibility for Conditional Admission
- Have at least a TOEFL iBT 60 or IELTS 6.0
- Meet all of the Graduate School and program-specific academic requirements
- Take and submit GRE scores as a part of the graduate program application process (if required by your graduate program).
Fulfill Terms of Conditional Admission
Complete the IEP OR resubmit TOEFL/IELTS scores that meet the Graduate School and graduate program’s minimum scores after at least one semester of study in the IEP.
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions page for answers to our most common questions.