|Fee Type||Spring 2017||Summer 2017||Fall 2017||Spring 2018||Summer 2018||Fall 2018*|
|Total Mandatory Cost||$6,207.73||$3,983.60||$6,232.30||$6,232.30||$4,003.40||$6,232.30
|IEP Program Fees||$4,971.00||$2,981.00||$4,971.00||$4,971.00||$2,981.00||$4,971.00|
|Ed and Tech Fee||$219.64||$178.08||$219.64||$219.64||$178.08||$219.64|
|Campus Security Fee||$15.00||$15.00||$15.00||$12.12||$15.00|
*All fees above are subject to change without notice. University fees have not been published for Fall 2018 – Spring 2019. The above cost is based on previous semester charges.
Estimated Total Cost
|Fee Type||Spring 2017||Summer 2017||Fall 2017||Spring 2018||Summer 2018||Fall 2018|
|Estimated Total Cost||$13,708.73||$5,920.60||$13,892.30||$13,892.30||$7,208.40||$13,892.30|
|Cost of Living**||$6,390.00||$1,367.00||$6,390.00||$6,390.00||$2,840.00||$6,390.00|
*Students can choose whether to use the NC State health insurance plan or find an alternative option. The 2018-2019 cost of health insurance has not been published yet. The above cost is based on the 2017-2018 charges.
**Estimated living costs includes $250-350 for books.
Actual expenses per semester may be higher or lower depending on the student’s lifestyle.Apply Now!
Additional Cost Information
- The cost of health insurance is not included in the chart above. All IEP students MUST have health insurance. The NC State Student Blue insurance is $1,270 each semester. Students are automatically enrolled but have the option to waive out if they have their own insurance. Failure to waive will result in the student being responsible for the $1,270 even if the Student Blue insurance is not used.
- Students applying directly to the IEP for admission (NOT students that are conditionally admitted to NC State) will be required to pay a one-time application fee of $100. Note that this application fee is non-refundable.
- IEP students are charged mandatory university fees at the same rate as undergraduates taking 12+ credit hours per semester.
Payment of Fees
- Payment is always due by the last day of orientation.
- Paying the fees on time is very important and if a student does not pay on time, they may be dropped from the program.
- Students will be shown how to pay through the NC State MyPack Portal during orientation.
- Sponsored students must email their letter of financial guarantee to the Cashier’s Office at email@example.com before the payment deadline.