Student Blue Health Insurance
IEP students may choose to use the NC State University provided health insurance, Student Blue from Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina, for a fee of $1,313.50 each semester.
Note: The Student Blue policy does NOT cover dental care. However, Student Health Services offers a dental discount program.
For questions regarding insurance please contact email@example.com.Enroll in Student Blue
Alternate Health Insurance
Students may waive enrollment in (choose not to use) Student Blue if they can prove that they have health/medical insurance from another insurance provider.
This insurance may be purchased abroad or in the United States, but it must meet the following coverage types and minimum amounts:
- Minimum total benefit/coverage of $100,000 (USD) per accident or illness
- Plan deductible of no more than $500 (USD)
- Provides a policy year deductible of no greater than $500 (USD)
- Minimum of $50,000 (USD) for medical evacuation
- Minimum of $25,000 (USD) for repatriation
- Policy must be active for the entire duration of the academic semester
Students will AUTOMATICALLY be billed for Student Blue health insurance UNLESS they submit a waiver proving that they have private health insurance that meets the above requirements. If students miss the deadline for submitting a waiver, they will be responsible for paying costs associated with the Student Blue health insurance even if they do not use it.Waive Out of Student Blue
IMPORTANT: Health insurance waivers MUST be completed each and every semester that a student is enrolled. The deadline for fall is always mid-September and the deadline for spring is at the end of January. See the StudentBlue website for the exact deadline.