If you are interested in studying at NC State as an undergraduate student, but don’t have the required TOEFL/IELTS scores, conditional admission may be the perfect solution.
Students who are conditionally-admitted to NC State study in the IEP before entering their academic programs.
If you are interested in conditional admission, apply directly to NC State as an undergraduate student.
- Please note that students do NOT apply for conditional admission itself.
- It is necessary to have at least a TOEFL 60 or IELTS 6.0 to be eligible for conditional admission.
Advantages of Conditional Admission through the IEP
- No additional TOEFL/IELTS is required. Complete the IEP and go on to your major.
- Strengthen your English without affecting your GPA
- Study with experienced instructors who understand the needs of international students
- Learn American culture and study skills
- Receive free tutoring
How it works
Students who are offered conditional admission from the NC State Office of Undergraduate Admissions will be enrolled in a degree program after they have successfully completed IEP Level 6 with a grade of 85% (B) or higher and have met all other exit criteria.
Conditionally admitted students must follow all IEP rules and academic requirements. Only when students successfully exit Level 6 can they begin their undergraduate classes at NC State. Failure to meet IEP requirements results in the loss of NC State’s offer of admission.