Note: English language students are not guaranteed admission to undergraduate degree programs. Once a student is enrolled in the IEP as an English language student, they are no longer eligible for conditional admission to the university. Students should apply directly to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions to be considered for conditional admission.
English Language Study Application Requirements
In order to apply for admission to the IEP at NC State, you must meet the requirements listed below.
All applicants submit:
- IEP online application
- Nonrefundable $100 IEP application fee
- High school diploma or proof of college courses (in English)
- Proof of English Proficiency (must be less than one year old)
Submit only if you need a visa:
- Certificate of Financial Responsibility (CFR) to obtain an I-20
- Bank statement with proof of funds equal to the amount written on your CFR OR a letter of financial guarantee if you are sponsored
Submit only if you are already in the United States:
- Visa Clearance Form (VCF) and supporting documentation
Submit only if you have dependents traveling with you:
- Passport copies for each dependent
- Additional information requested in Section 6 of the CFR
- Proof of additional funds as requested in the CFR
Have questions? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions page for answers to our most common questions.